Saturday, January 26, 2013

Good friends are there for you


They were my friends but they disappeared when I needed them. They left me when all my hopes were in them. They seen my struggles yet joked at my condition. Now they wonder why I'm not the same; they wonder why we no longer have the same relationship. They will never be my true friends. They are lost in the pursuit of this world. They compete, devote and strive for an hourglass whose value is diminishing and coming to an end. People are objects to them, and I was once them. Now I have Allah, my everything who never fails me. I have my eternal friend who loves me unconditionally. I am no longer them. My heart has received guidance. I love Allah's creation but I love Allah more.

I was lost until Allah guided me. I have been given knowledge of true life. Surely its not of this world. I no longer need the world. It has nothing to offer me but disappointments. My eyes have opened, my heart has cracked wide open, my ears are in tune to the true path. I now know that people are selfish. Its all about them. The true people whose hearts have been enlightened are about others. Those are the friends I seek and need, and Allah is above All. May Allah send in our lives true friends who will be with us in good and bad times, and who will be our guide to paradise. Ameen!

─F.D

No comments:

Post a Comment