Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ITS ABOUT LOVE...N.O.T SINGLE AWARENESS

#yesisaidit.

So yesterday was February 14th. Apart from the fact that it was my very good friends birthday - Happy Birthday Gallo, much love! - it was Valentines day. Usually, i would rather call it love day as opposed to valentines day, but dont even ask me why. I have noooo idea.
  Anyway, it's one of those days that doesnt really mean anythng to a single person. I know and understand that people preach the whole "love people around you, it's valentines day" sermon, and say that valentines day is a lot about loving everyone. you know yeah, i know this is true, but at the same time, i definitely think its all bull. I'm not saying that you shouldnt love everyone around you, or show Gods love. what im saying is this. take a few seconds after you read this post to review your facebook newsfeed or your twitter timeline from yesterday. I'm not going to say everyone, cause that would be a false claim, but ALMOST everyone who had that sermon a thier status was single. I feel like its really just an automatic psychological thing. So, im not saying that valentines day is for intimacy or for couples only, but neither am i saying that it is for loving everyone around you. I'm saying that love day is what you make it, not only based off of your relationship status or situation, but on your mindset.
    Coming off of that thought, i have been single a lot of valentines days in my life. Including yesterday, just incase you were wondering. somehow, i still have a lot of people showing me some loveee (which i appreciate. i mean, who doesnt like to feel loved?) I have been in geneva for only 3 years, and experienced 2 valentines.. Permit me to say that it is an interesting dynamic that takes place when every single person is getting depressed. I mean, valentines day definitely calls single people out. Your mailbox gets a sheet of paper that says Happy Valentines Day, while the girl beside you gets a sheet of paper that says: You have mail too big to fit in your mailbox. Every one is planning dates for the evening, but you're pretty muchh just planning homework. You go on facebook, and your crush has just left a valentines message on another girl or boys wall. I know. The day couldn't get any worse. Or wait. Maybe it could. You waited all day for that text message... the one that never came.
    I'm single, so i understand all these feelings. However, i don't beat myself up because its valentines day and i ain't got a man. Trust me, depression has NEVER been the way to go. There's no denying that it sucks not getting a bouquet of roses, chocolate in red heart shaped boxes, wine in a bottle tied in a bow, or a stuffed teddy holding a heart that says I Love You.  As a matter of fact, it DOES suck. #yesitdoes. But depression is not changing that fact. Instead, get together with all the other single ladies and pop a bottle. Do some chardonnay, or ciroc, or even some malibu (my roommates personal favourite). Cheer to some Jameson.. Or like i told someone, if you go to geneva, buy a go green cup and drink some lemonade...haha.. Dont sit around remembering lost love or sulking over being lovelorn. Be happy, smile, grab some dinner with the ladies, and have a night out celebrating being single. From experience, it rocks.
    If you're a man without a woman, i'm not sure getting all emotional would do it for you. Just think on the positive side. it saves you some cash for gas or something. maybe a new shaving kit, or a manicure set. I LOVE men with clean and nicely manicured nails. Thanx to my dad. :-)
   Oh, and before i forget, to all those who refer to valentines day as single awareness day, you're definitely on a long thing. Save your single awareness day for a day other than February 14th. That day, is a day to celebrate love!

Thats all about being single and loving it..even on valentines day... as i do it.

~***shanpepe***~

No comments:

Post a Comment